About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

RESTRICTION within FOUNDATION - day 37 GEVURAH sh b'YESOD


PSALMS OF MY SOUL ~
Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer - day 37
GEVURAH Sh’b YESOD  ספירת העומר

Branches on my Tree of Life
composite photo by © Joy Krauthammer 
Inspired by Image Poetry Group and "ABC" lyrics by Jackson Five


PSALMS OF MY SOUL © Joy Krauthammer 

ABC’s, 123 in Primary colors.
Having GEVURAH/ energy limitations of language; having the limitation of letters (alphabet’s 26 or 22, etc) and numbers limitation to define language, assists us in having YESOD /foundation to restrict, communicate, create, connect and bond in freedom and as a result, to feel safety. An example is that a child needs boundaries to feel safe. Limits come by words and numbers in time, i.e. Telling a child how many minutes remain for child’s activity before session ends and change happens. Gevurah, pulling in with judgment, compliments Chesed, pouring out on opposite side of Tree of Life.

Change too in my adult life. 
I know that I need rectification in refinement of my attributes. I want to bond well in relationships, and not alienate those in my life. I must restrain and retrain my voice volume and style. To flow more smoothly, I need to entrain with others’ especially in music. I don’t have to wear my attitude on my sleeve for truth to be known.

MUSIC is boundless in making connections. Music crosses all boundaries, and like "JOY can break through all barriers” (Baal Shem Tov).
I think of my Berkeley friend, Moshe Tov, aka Musa Quayyes, who opened a music club and then recently also a flourishing Middle Eastern music school in Tsfat. All cultures come, learn, share, and bonding, play music together. Murdered reporter Daniel Pearl, z”l, played his violin to join cultures in harmony. In summers I learned at Middle Eastern Music and Dance Camp in Mendocino, California. I wanted to be a gesher, a bridge at the mostly all Arab camp where I felt I was the lone Jew. I did that in the Light of Reb Shlomo, z”l, who crossed bridges for bonding.

At times, what could be music is noise.  This week in Yesod I left the Lag B’Omer bonfire drum circle because it was noisy. A limitation in Gevurah I gave myself was not to stay, but to break out of the noisy circle. The limit I gave myself was not to rudely leave, and to wait until a ‘safe’ time to leave. Of course, the person I passed as I left the event early was the rabbi himself, the organizer, and also the person who had called to invite me. Oy. But, dayenu! Was too painful for me (a professional drummer) to sit in circle in noise, but drum circle was good for 2 to 3 dozen others, new to drumming, an opportunity to mingle with drums and be initiated in bonding and for a love with drums.

I admit that many years ago I did live once in the Gevurahdik ABC’s, 123’s of drumming when I accompanied a shul choir. I had to play just the right musical written note on the chart and only at the right moment. My friends sat in the audience laughing as they watched me because they knew that I play by my heart and those choir boundaries were killing me. Last time I played with a choir! Well, maybe not; I played with Jospel, a Jewish gospel choir!  :) That was more heart based and JOYous. I could stretch my arms high in jingling joy and praise to the Holy One. A short lived dream I had was to play Timpani with an orchestra, hmm, the LA Philharmonic was a good model. Quickly in Gevurah sh b’Yesod, I realized that that visualization was not the right restrictive dream for me. I do mamash love playing wherever I accompany spiritual expressive musicians. This is a live joyous branch on my Kabbalistic Sephirotic Tree of Life where I resonate filled with passion and connectivity.
Hmm, just realized that when I create a beaded necklace, I do this in Gevurah sh b'Yesod, but that's another story...

Languages with ABC’s, 123’s and purple hued Music are Branches in my Tree of Life. 
Branches are outstretched arms playing timbrels in praise to G*d.

I know that I need rectification in refinement of my attributes, my Sephirot. I want to bond well in relationships, and not alienate those in my life, thus I contain some of my enthusiasm. I try to play in key, listen and entrain and flow with the other branches.

How is my communication? Is it clear, understandable, orderly, flowing, in good spirit, elevating, positive, and filled with gratitude, joy and love? Maybe even inspiring.
Is there space for response and sharing?
Always love to hear from YOU.  :)

RESTRICTION within FOUNDATION - day 37 GEVURAH sh b'YESOD
🔯•*¨*•.¸¸💗¸¸.•*¨*•🔯

~ ~ ~



No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers