About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

DRUM HARMONY in BONDING - day 38 TIFERET sh b'YESOD

PSALMS OF MY SOUL
ספירת העומר

Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer - day 38, 5 weeks and 3 days
Tiferet sh b'Yesod
DRUM HARMONY within FOUNDATION of Bonding and Creativity.
- Joy Krauthammer


Shoshannah Shoshannah and Joy, 1993, Berkeley
Screen Shot from Shoshannah's Live Stream memorial filled with photos.


SHOSHANNAH SARA memorial

Watching MEMORIAL archive from yesterday’s Upper West Side Live Stream-- which I had only seen the beginning of live memorial, after studying in morning with Breslov and before going to Getty Center museum with sister Faye, -- I see in the video’s taped SLIDE SHOW of Shoshannah Sarah bat Avraham, z”l, the photos I had shared on Shoshannah's FaceBook following her death. 

There is also one photo of the two of us at the moment of my very first djembe lesson at Theological Seminary in Berkeley, California when Shoshannah had initially taught me how to drum. There she was in Berkeley when I had a stranger’s (Miriam Minkoff’s) African drum in my arms (because I had asked Hashem for this gift of drum, a djembe). I had first seen Shoshannah in Jerusalem as Reb Shlomo Carlebach’s, z”l drummer (and pianist) on stage a couple times, and then that wasn’t even a dream of mine to play djembe... A magical moment... I had heard Heaven's mystical message to me... I listened, and acted.

I am left with my precious magical memories and fact that at age 70, I am still drumming to bring congregations to prayer, G*d inspired, as was Shoshannah. (Shoshannah had graduated and taught at CalArts; the Valencia, CA ARTS school where I had intended to work with my MBA, as I told its president in 1980’s.) Shoshannah had lived in Little Neck, Long Island, New York, a location also where I had spent happy days before moving to California. (We were introduced at Jerusalem home of Emuna Witt on yahrzeit of Reb Shlomo after visiting his kever. Later that day I heard Shoshannah's not yet produced magnificent heavenly inspired Light-filled piano cassette tape at her home, and wrote a published review that she loved.) I think that Shlomo orchestrated this meeting at the Witt home which he had loved.

Below see photo from video slide show of Shoshannah’s life, shown at Shoshannah’s NY memorial 5.6.18.  Shoshannah Sarah was flown to and buried at Mt. Olives, Jerusalem only minutes before Shabbat, thus chevre could mostly not be present. Her cousin Denise organized this memorial, filled with appreciative friends and rabbis who had bonded with Shoshannah over the decades, through her bonding with her Judaism. On her Shloshim, another Israel memorial was also live streamed.

I'm with Shoshannah the very first minutes of my ever playing djembe drum, 1993. Earlier I had played Middle-Eastern dumbek accompanying Reb Shlomo in concert (as had Shoshannah), and I first played drum kit years in 1986. I had clearly bonded in Tiferet sh b'Yesod.

Here in photo I am with friend Shoshannah at that auspicious, transformational, spiritual moment as I began my djembe path, as did Shoshannah, in serving community and G*d in joy ("Ivdu Et Hashem b'Simcha") with djembe, my hands and heart in Harmony within Foundation of Bonding and Creativity, Tiferet sh b'Yesod.

May Shoshannah's soul be given the highest aliyah to Shmayim. G*d must have needed her Neshamah to make heavenly music for angels and to accompany Reb Shlomo.

*More full story of Shoshannah teaching me below and in link:
http://joys-prose.blogspot.com/2006/09/secret-of-intention-my-drumming.html

BlesSings for hearing and making music, revealed miracles, seeing, vitality, health, wholeness, harmony & peace, inspiration & creativity,
discovery & wonder, blooming gardens, majestic sunrises, singing birds, love, laughter, joy and LIGHT,
JOY
"Serve G*d With Joy”

I was studying outer spiritual life, and receiving inner spiritual life and holy direction.  Away at a spiritual retreat, P’nei Or aka Kallah in Berkeley, I received spiritual guidance from (now Rabbi) Hanna Tiferet Siegel.  During her workshop, on a piece of plain white 8"x10" paper, I drew, tracing next to each other, my right hand and my left hand. I filled in the palms, as directed, with my desires to manifest. This was "The Secret." Put my thought energy into what I want to manifest and ask for it.  I asked The Source of All BlesSings to Shma, hear me.

Right hand-- what I want to receive.  Left hand-- what I want to give to the universe

For wanting to receive, I drew an African djembe drum. For wanting to give, I wrote music signs and the words, "spiritual music". At that moment of finishing my experiential sketch, a stranger whom I had never before seen, "Miriam Minkoff from Buffalo" (and at that moment I was in Berkeley from LA), walked through the outdoor courtyard and up to me, as I, with hands art work in hand, was leaving the workshop door's threshold. Miriam handed to me her huge African djembe drum which was in her arms, and only said, "Play it, and return it to me when through." She walked away and disappeared into the crowd. (There are more miraculous post scripts to this story.)

This is all mamash Hashgachah Pratit / Divine guidance. In the middle of the courtyard of the Theological Seminary was Shoshanna Shoshanna. Walking directly to her, as she sat on a cement circular wall, I asked her to show me what to do with this large natural skin, wooden djembe drum, which fit very well in my arms' embrace. I recognized Shoshanna from Jerusalem as being Reb Shlomo Carlebach's, zt'l, concert drummer. I had seen Shoshanna in concert different times in Jerusalem, and then met her at the Jerusalem home of the Witts, not realizing that she was the musician whom I had watched on stage. The host sat me down next to Shoshanna.  How fortuitous. How synchronistic. How perfect. 

Now Shoshannah was sitting right there in the center of the Theological Seminary courtyard in Berkeley. In Jerusalem, we had walked back to her home near the famous outdoor market, Machane Yehuda, and danced to her professionally recorded piano music. Shoshanna, the pianist and percussionist had never before danced to her own music. I watched the dance shadows on the white painted old walls. (Years later, an LA friend purchased and played for me in her car, the same music piano tape of Shoshanna's having no idea that I knew Shoshanna.)
~ ~ ~



Joy Krauthammer and Shoshanna Shoshanna
Kallah  1993




Shoshanna on djembe with Reb Shlomo Carlebach and Reb David Zeller
Jerusalem, 1992
© Joy Krauthammer 


Shoshannah's tape


Shoshannah's tape
May the refinement work of cosmic cleansing that I do on myself during the 49 days of Kabbalistically Counting the Sephirat HaOmer help me to mamash/truly be who I am, and need to become. I need to delete klipot/husks (negative influences) and again ready myself for Shavuot by strengthening, elevating and perfecting my midot/character traits.

Note: The counting of the Omer takes place between Passover and Shavuot, and each day is associated with a specific Kabbalistic combination pair of Sephirot.  For a greater explanation and understanding of this theme, see Rabbi Simon Jacobson's "A Spiritual Guide to the Counting of the Omer," which may be found on http://www.chabad.org/ or http://www.meaningfullife.com/ 



No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers