About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

DIVINE DANCE - day 35 MALCHUT sh b'HOD

Psalms of My Soul 
ספירת העומר

Sephirat Ha Omer - day 35,  5 full weeks
Malchut sh b'Hod   Grateful for Divine Dance 

- Joy Krauthammer


In years past I always loved dancing both live, and alone to Gabrielle Roth, z"l.

In the early 1990's during one of my summer solo driving sojourns up the Coast to Esalen Institute, I bought a Gabrielle Roth video at the Heart Beat bookstore gallery in Big Sur, CA. I'd never heard of Gabrielle, didn't know what the video was about, but the cover art energy felt good as I held in my hand, a '5 Rhythms' video, and a natural skin frame drum in my other hand. It was the first video I'd ever purchased and I didn't even own a VCR. 

After waking in my cabin, gazing at the ocean waves and chanting my prayers, and before daily week-long workshops-- in the early 7 am morning dance hour at Esalen, I would totally love to move my body to whatever the sunrise leader was playing (especially Leonard Cohen's "I'm Your Man"). I didn't realize I was dancing to the same '5 Rhythms'; I did knew the dancing made me feel good, playful, and in dance I could surrender to the inner Splendor of being in Malchut and Hod. For several annual summer trips, dancing at Esalen started off each divine day for me.

Soaking in Esalen's late into the wee hours natural springs hot tubs on the Pacific Ocean's edge of the Big Sur cliff's, and having Esalen massages were good too, as was the natural garden food decorated with edible red nasturtium flowers. I loved walking through the garden and all the hilly green and moist mystical magical grounds. 

A year after my video purchase, a Sarah's Tent spiritual friend invited me to dance at an LA event, and I went, danced, and I still didn't make the connection. I went home to the Valley after wildly dancing with Gabrielle Roth, with whom I had been unfamiliar, and with her African drummer, who just happened to be my LA private djembe teacher, Nigerian Yoruba priest Ayo Adeyemi; Small synchronistic world filled with joy and Hashgachah Pratit/Divine Guidance. 
(See my Babatunde Olatunji site: http://babatunde-olatunji.blogspot.com .)

Some time later I put the threads and beats together; A little beshertness/meant to be. I looked for and found the unopened dance video with the inspiring cover, bought a VCR, and loved watching and dancing to the tape over and over again, wearing out my carpeting.  I rarely had watched TV, so this was a different step, watching and dancing at the same time, and then no longer needing to watch. Essence of my inner joy was revealing and expressing myself in the radiance of Malchut. Discovering a ritual dance community in LA kept up my joyous aliveness.

Wish I hadn't badly damaged my knees, or I'd still be reverberating in Hod, crazily happily dancing with all my body and soul (and not just spiritually drumming in ritual for prayer-filled dancers)…with Gabrielle in all her rhythms.

Every summer I showed up at Big Sur's Heart Beat store at the same time, and when I left gift shop it was right on time for Sunday night Esalen veggie dinner down Highway 1, and I checked into my cabin just as sunset arrived. Jerusalem, Bali, Sedona and Big Sur-- favorite lands for my neshama/soul. In Hod's awe, I still feel Big Sur and Shechina.

Each subsequent summer after my first Heart Beat visit, most amazing for me is that the gallery owner looked at me as I pulled into the parking lot and entered the shop, recognized me from 12 months earlier, and joyously exclaimed, "Same day, same time!" I was a good customer with a healthy heart beat and my heart beats in memory and gratitude for all 5 Rhythms that I received in splendor.

BlesSings for dancing health, wholeness, peace, revealed miracles, creativity, discovery, wonder, blooming gardens, majestic sunrises, love and joy,
JOY
"Serve G*d With Joy"



Edible Nasturtium
Garden of Joy
© Joy Krauthammer


Sad that Gabrielle Roth, z"l, died. 

http://sephirathaomer.blogspot.com


All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright protection by © Joy Krauthammer.
Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to repost/copy/reprint/use. Request in Comments, FB, or write/call personally.
~ ~ ~

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers