About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

GRATEFUL within BONDING - day 40 HOD sh b'YESOD

PSALMS OF MY SOUL
Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer - day 40, 5 weeks and 5 days 
HOD sh b'YESOD Grateful within Bonding  ספירת העומר
http://sephirathaomer.blogspot.com/2015/03/grateful-within-bonding-day-40-hod-sh.html
Gratitude, Humility in Bonding, Connection, Intimacy, Foundation
- Joy Krauthammer


© Joy Krauthammer 


Today would have been birthday of my husband, Marcel, z"l. He died 2006.

Blessed to have communities, connections, chevre, friends, family that mean mamash much to me– my foundations for life and during life, and I am grateful for the bonding and connections in HOD sh b'YESOD. I spend each morning creating personalized greeting cards for all occasions for those in my life, wanting to give them joy, to help heal, to share love. I write, I call at times, and value the moments spent in person. I spend too much time writing and sending sad condolence notes remembering loved ones, z"l. Many names are below. I wish I had more TIME to spend with all the people I love and cherish and treasure. You have made a difference to me in my life.  We have shared. Thank you. I love you.

In Light of my memories of dear ones, with photos I illustrate lyrics for Image Poetry Group (IPG) for 2018, week 15's challenge from song "Cose Della Vita” by Tina Turner with Eros Ramazzotti. Was posted in FaceBook IPG album. I thought of so many of the dear people– friends, family, ancestors, colleagues, rebbes, teachers, neighbors... who had been in my earthly life...

“All the memories we’ve had.
Yes, you know it's true

That I just can't stop thinking of you

Only close to the heart

Where each of us is situated

I think of you...
I think of us…
I am thinking of us.

I just can't stop...
Can't stop…”
In Memory Of my beloved Arielle, z"l, older sister whom I buried last summer 2017, and:
MANY Dearest Beloved Friends/BFF, soul sisters/SS, z”l, obm, who passed over in the last year or so:  BFF Edith (4.5.18), BFF Suzanne R 2016, Irwin Z 2016, SS Rena W 017 ST, BFF Judy G 2017,
Terry A 2018 MOS, Jeff S last month 2018 TAS, Sara P this week 2018 M, SS Shoshannah Sara 2018 I , SS Brucha At 2017 I, Yoram 2016 I , Phil G 2017 I, Sarah P- buried yesterday 2018 M, and earlier --Savina T 2005 ST, Marilyn B ST, Toby P 2001 ST, Bob R ST, BFF Lilian W, BFF Terry L 2001, Joyce K 2009 M, Lou H 2007 M, Manny R M, Linda R 2017 BH, Joel R BH, Stan S 2017 BH, Judy B 2017 BH, Bobbie J 2017 BH, Kinou BH, Moriah BH/Met, Barbara G Met, Jeff M aka Shalom Yaakov 2014 HM, Lou H 2007 M, Bill B 2017 MOS, Doris L last week 2018 MOS/AT, and Marla of LE. Judy S, Gloria D, Paul S, Tom E 2017. Michael G 2017 C (and his wife Darlene), Sharon R, BFF Shirley W, Bert F C.

Beloved neighbors, z"l, BFF Lisa and Joe W, BFF Ruth Z, Cindy E, Dick and Caroline B (I held up their chuppah because with love I introduced them, and also miss his first wife Joyce), and Amy & Leon S, and Lenore J, and Karyn M.

(Groups: BH–B'nai Horin, ST–Sarah's Tent, MOS–Makom Ohr Shalom, LE–Lev Eisha, AT–Ahavat Torah, TAS–Temple Ahavat Shalom, HM–Happy Minyan, Met–Metivta, C–Chabad, M–Minyanairres, I–Israel, BFF–Best Friend Forever, SS–Soul Sister.)

And dear Rebbes, z"l,– Reb Sholom Brodt 2017, Reb Yosef ben Shlomo HaKohen 2011, Reb Zalman Schachter-Shalomi 2014, Reb David Zeller 2007, Reb David Wolfe-Blank 1998, Reb Shlomo Schwartzie 2017 Chai. Moshe C M 2007. (Of course, years earlier but feels like yesterday- it was Reb Shlomo Carlebach (was his drummer) 1994, and dear Cantor Debbie Friedman 2011 whom I also accompanied.)

Dear Cousins, z"l, Louis B weeks ago, last year Scott H & son Richard, and dear Bruce M, Paul B, and beloved cousin Toby C, Rose and Milton C, Celia R, Herman R, Ethel and Arthur K, Sylvia and Fred M.
Cousin by marriage Bill R, and his son Doug. Israeli cousins Mark and young daughter Shaked K, and also more distant relatives, Julian J, cousins with whom I wasn't bonded and ancestors I sadly never knew, all, z"l.

Dear World-renowned Drum teachers, obm, who made a huge difference in my life, Remo Belli 2017, Babatunde Olatunji 2003, Layne Redmond 2013, John Bergamo 2013, and Paulo Mattioli 2011.

My Mother Libby 1969, My Father Joseph 1999, My maternal Grandma Ethel 1988, (paternal Grandfather Hyman 1964 & G. Fannie 1950) My Husband Marcel 2006. Beloved aunts Edith, Pauline, Rebecca, Sylvia, Mildred, Claire, and Hilda. Uncles Joe, Oscar, Max, Irving, and Meyer (from my childhood), Alvin, all, z"l.

Yes, I have been blessed with love, and I have lost and grieve too many dear loved ones, z"l, in my life, especially the 20 in the last year or so, and a best friend Edith weeks ago. In every note she wrote, "Love you forever."  My heart has been broken too often, grieving tears have streamed. I have had strong connections, and some caring and bonding, and also with the families of my friends– parents, spouses, siblings, children. For many, I have created websites in your memory... I hold you in my heart and you are not forgotten.

May they all continue to have their neshamahs/souls soar within Heaven and play with angels. 
All these neshamahs have been blesSings in my life, and I am eternally grateful, in Hod sh b'Yesod.
~ ~ ~

(Weeks after writing the above post, my brother-in-law Charlie, z"l, died  6.21.18  8 Tamuz, following almost a year of hospitalization. 
My immediate family is mamash affected by his death and that affects me.)
(And my mother-in-law Thea Krauthammer, z"l, died in 2019.)


Because I have felt inadequate at the side of dying loved ones, and have wanted to be more present,
I have studied... and continue to take workshops (and offer End of Life "Valley Death Cafe" workshops) and try to be more comforting as we say goodbye...  


End of Life - Compassion in Action

End of Life  day 39 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers