About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

RAINBOW DAY - day 42 MALCHUT sh b'YESOD

PSALMS OF MY SOUL
ספירת העומר


Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer day 42, Rainbow Day*, 6 full weeks of the Omer
Malchut sh b'Yesod
Covenant in a Rainbow


How do I flow into Malchut, revealing G*d's Light
with all Divine energies running through me?
How do I receive, reveal, and express my ultimate expression of individuality and G*d?
What actions in Yesod unite me in my interaction with G*d?
How do I bond?
Where are my commitments made?  to whom?  when?  why?  how?
What is my Yesod, Foundation for creativity, bonding, relationships, 
significant undertakings, active innovation, change, accountability and reliability?

-  Joy Krauthammer



Reb Zalman Schachter-Shalomi
(wearing 'In Your Light Do We See Light')
Rainbow Tallit Torah, Elat Chayyim
© Joy Krauthammer 1994

Reb Zalman, z"l, died July 3, 2014, passing over his great soul to greater heights and closer to G*d.
May Reb Zalman have a powerful aliyah and greet his many friends and teachers.
I learned so much from you being in your presence for 24 years, on Simchat Torah, High Holidays, Shavuot, and at Elat Chayyin and Kallah. 
I am grateful.
You taught us to be all we can be in the Light of the Holy One.
In the Shema, you taught us to substitute "Israel" for our own name. LISTEN...
With this, my name, I mamash in Yesod, bond in a personal more meaningful way. 
Thank you Reb Zalman. You Are A BlesSing

Double Rainbow, Porter Ranch, CA
© Joy Krauthammer 2012


Double Rainbow, Northridge, CA
Since the early morning sunrise clouds, I waited all day for rain
until late afternoon, and then in the drizzle-- the Rainbow!
In her fullness, she only lasted for seconds.
© Joy Krauthammer 2013


Double Rainbow, Mason Park, CA
© Joy Krauthammer

I include this rainbow in the park photo because I was 'chasing' the rainbow.
As if my 'covenant' with G*d was the rainbow.
I drove all over looking, beginning in Porter Ranch, for a better place to be with the rainbow.
With the sun setting, after a few more stops, I drove to a more open space, parked and ran into the park.
I should 'chase' my Sephirot / attributes as well as I chase rainbows.  - Joy


Rainbow, My Garden
© Joy Krauthammer  2011

Rainbow in my Garden
© Joy Krauthammer 

Rainbow looking East in my garden during sunset.
© Joy Krauthammer 2012



Rainbow Mogen Dovid
© Joy Krauthammer 2014



A rainbow is a reminder of the covenant that G*d made with Noah, his descendants, and all living creatures.  Genesis 9:13
Seeing a rainbow in the sky, we recite the following blessing:
בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה ה' אֶלוֹהֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הָעוֹלָם זוֹכֵר הַבְּרִית וְנֶאֱמָן בִּבְרִיתוֹ וְקַיָם בְּמַאֲמָרוֹ

Hebrew transliteration of BlesSing for a rainbow:

Barukh Ata Adonai, Elokeynu Melekh ha'Olam
zo'khair ha'brit, v'ne'eman biv'rito v'kayam b'ma'amaro.  
 'Praised are you, G*d, ruler of the world, who remembers the covenant, 
is faithful to the covenant and keeps promises.' 
or

'Holy One of blesSing, Your Presence fills creation,
You remember Your covenant with all that You created.'

Found in Huff Post with religion editor Josh Fleet:
Click:
In Volume 5 of the Pritzker Edition of the Zohar, on pages 32-33, we find the following story:
The old man opened, saying, "Moses entered within the cloud and went up the mountain (Exodus 24:18). What is this cloud? Well, the same of which is written My bow I have set in the cloud (Genesis 9:13). We have learned that the rainbow removed its garments and gave them to Moses. In that garment he ascended; from within it he saw what he saw, delighting in all. Until here."
The Companions came and fell down before him, and weeping they said, "If we have come into the world just to hear these words from your mouth, it is enough for us!"
Daniel Matt offers the following explanation of these verses:
The old man equates this cloud Sinai with an earlier cloud from the days of Noah. After the Flood, God displayed a rainbow in the clouds as a sign of the covenant between Me and the earth, guaranteeing that life would never again be annihilated. See Genesis 9:12-15.
In Exodus the cloud signifies the Divine Presence. Here, it enwraps Shekhinah, who is Herself symbolized by the rainbow. This symbolism derives from Ezekiel, who campares the Divine Flory to the appearance of the bow in the cloud on a rainy day (Ezekiel 1:28). In Kabbalah the rainbow of Shekhinah displays the colors of the Sephirot. The old man teaches that she removed her garment of cloud and gave it to Moses. Shielded by this cloud, Moses ascended Mount Sinai and encountered the beyond.   

"Rainbow Day— the 42nd day of the Omer (מ״ב בעומר) is the 27th of Iyyar (“the 27th day of the second month” in Genesis 8:14), when the animals, along with Noaḥ’s family, left the ark, and the rainbow (keshet) appeared as a sign of covenant. This should be a time of celebration. According to the kabbalistic counting of the Omer, Rainbow Day is also the day of Malkhut in Yesod, a unity of masculine and feminine that represents a milestone on the way to the revelation of Shavuot. For us, it can represent a chance to commit ourselves to the rainbow covenant, to turn from actions that destroy the earth, to turn our lives away from unraveling earth’s climate and the web of life, from diminishing earth’s abundance.”  
- Rabbi David Seidenberg, the founder of NeoHasid.org
http://opensiddur.org/special-days/holy-days/pilgrimage/sefirat-haomer/the-42nd-day-of-the-omer-is-rainbow-day/

~
May the refinement work of cosmic cleansing that I do on myself during the 49 days of Kabbalistically Counting the Sephirat HaOmer help me to mamash/truly be who I am, and need to become. I need to delete klipot/husks (negative influences) and again ready myself for Shavuot by strengthening, elevating and perfecting my midot/character traits.


~

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers