About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

PAULA - day 36 CHESED sh b'YESOD

PSALMS OF MY SOUL 
ספירת העומר


Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer week 6 day 1

CHESED sh b'YESOD
Loving-Kindness of Bonding
Day 36, double chai, of the Omer
PAULA

Thinking about the importance of today's energy combination pair Chesed sh b'Yesod, I recognize something bitter sweet and meaningful that I did in terms of Lovingkindness in Bonding Connection. These are actions that unite us in interactions with another, and G*d in Yesod.

This week an elderly, awesome, violinist friend of mine, Paula, is in an ICU. May the Compassionate One heal Paula.

Today I went into my photo files because I now have Paula's son's contact info for first time, and I sent a photo to the son, of Paula performing at the Jewish Home for the Aged when we did one of our annual holiday concerts, "From OY's to JOY's". Leaving my drum by the stage, I raced into the audience, so I could quickly photograph dear Paula. 

Today, when the son received the photo of his mother, he sent the following to me, which gave me tears of connection: 

"This photo was the desktop page for my mother’s computer for years before she stopped using a computer last September.  I never knew who the photographer was.  Thank you so much.  It is one of my most cherished photos of her."

The son is using my photos in a slide show he is preparing.
I have sent the photo and others out to the musicians to let them know about Paula's critical condition.

El Na ReFa NaLa   Please G*d, please heal her.  Let Paula hear the angelic Klezmer sounds of her strings.

Paula Robinson
© Joy Krauthammer
~

17 days later

Baruch Dayan HaEmet
Paula, z"l, was filled with vitality for life, and especially loved sharing her music.
Paula loved going to Klez Kamp for music.
Paula loved playing with clarinetist, David.
We shared Renewal congregations and friends.
Paula shared her courageous travel stories with me.
Knowing I didn't live in the city, Paula offered that I could stay at her LA home if visiting LA.
Although I didn't take her up on the offer, I treasure Paula's gift offer.
I was blessed to know Paula and have a special bond with her.
May 18, 2013,  9 Sivan 5773
Woodlawn Cemetery, Santa Monica, CA

PAULA - day 36 CHESED sh b’YESOD Omer’s double chai

Counting Omer 5 full weeks and 1 day of 7 Sephirot weeks


PSALMS OF MY SOUL and photos © Joy Krauthammer
Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer  ספירת העומר 


http://sephirathaomer.blogspot.com

All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright protection by © Joy Krauthammer.
Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to repost/copy/reprint/use. Request in Comments, FB, or write/call personally.

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers