About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

COMMITMENT - day 33 HOD sh b'HOD

Psalms of My Soul
ספירת העומר


Sephirat HaOmer - day 33 Hod sh b'Hod

Acknowledging Commitment

- Joy Krauthammer


Sitting in the beauty of acknowledging Splendor of Hod sh b'Hod, at a Lag B'Omer park picnic in musical celebration, it is the first time in my mind that I count forward to the last day deducting the 33 days counted of the Omer. I realize that the days of counting are nearing their end, in two weeks and two days, the finish toward Mount Sinai, now easily in sight.  I know it is Lag B'Omer but I don't cut my shaggy hair this day, and will wait until Shavuot even though I forgot to have my usual monthly trim before day One. Because of the day's historical joyousness, this is the day that my parents, z"l, married, and also a friend's parents, z"l. There is meaning in today's date, 18 Iyar. I am so ensconced in the Hebrew dates at this time, I am surprised to hear that May is here in 3 days. After Iyar, it is Sivan and my grand-baby M. Sivan's first birthday.

I have gone to the grocery on Lag b'Omer and bought many goodies, including yummy chocolatey Halavah and the sweetest red strawberries, and cutest baby asparagus and colorful baby peppers and more. Filled with the desire to share, I drive to my sister's home to share goodies, and also to share with an elderly neighbor.  I greatly appreciate these beloved people.

© Joy Krauthammer
In the grocery I met Russian immigrant friends with their 13 year old son whom I'm told has not had a Bar Mitzvah, and that mamash greatly saddens me. For a Simcha gift, I had already prepared a meaningful present. Reverberating in my memory is how I used to regularly bring those new friends to synagogue each Shabbat 23 years ago upon their arrival in the 'Goldena Medina'. I made a personal commitment then to help the Russian immigrants discover the Splendor of Judaism in America. Like a Keshet / a rainbow, I remember my commitment to have friends flourish in tradition and faith, something new to them. Caring, still now with the fire of Lag B'Omer, I start to scheme about how I will get a Chabad rabbi to meet the son and inspire him to have a Bar Mitzvah at Torah. In Hod, I breathe deeply. Ken Yehi Ratzon.

Is this counting each day what it felt like for Miriyahm HaNeviah when she sat outside of the tent, while she healed, having the time to spend on herself, to evaluate her actions and purify herself on G*d's time?

BlesSings for being Jewish, gratitude, health, wholeness, peace, revealed miracles, creativity, discovery, wonder, rainbows, fiery heart, love and joy,
JOY
"Serve G*d With Joy"

 http://sephirathaomer.blogspot.com

Makom Ohr Shalom, Chatsworth, CA
photos and collage © Joy Krauthammer


Lag B'Omer Bonfire
© Joy Krauthammer 

Lag B'Omer Bonfire
© Joy Krauthammer 


For tomorrow please view the next day's Omer Psalms of My Soul.

All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright protection by © Joy Krauthammer.
Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to repost/copy/reprint/use. Request in Comments, FB, or write/call personally.

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers