About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

LEARNING FOUNDATION - day 39 NETZACH sh b'YESOD

PSALMS OF MY SOUL
ספירת העומר

Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer day 39, week 5 and 4 days 
Netzach sh b’Yesod
Foundation for learning and friendship

Because of a friend’s, z”l, funeral yesterday, I am thinking about the spiritual community that was established in 1980, and lasts in friendship in Yesod, in Bonding until now, 33 years later. The leaders, now ordained rabbis, moved years ago, but Chevre remains and they were present at the funeral, along with the beloved rabbis who flew in together to officiate, and mourn their loss, and give comfort to chevre and they comforted each other.

The deceased friend had initially opened her home when Ohr Hadash, a Havurah, or synagogue without walls, began to meet. She was the central 'adorned' vessel creating in humility, a sacred physical space for all to gather for Shabbats and Chagim. May our friend have a sweet Aliyah to Shamayim, leaving all pain behind. Bonding so closely for decades, may friends continue to be close to the friend's Neshama, and share their love, compassion, gratitude and forgiveness.

I know well this story because I had hired the rabbi/teacher for one of the classes in Jewish Women’s World, a consortium of all local Jewish synagogues and organizations formed for adult education (that for several years I directed). The rabbi's class loved him and went on to study privately with him. His wife was also a fine spiritual leader with cantorial training and an angel’s voice, and she too offered her gift at Jewish Women's World, and at Ohr Hadash. They both became the clergy for the new Havurah, and she too, along with her husband were later given Smeecha/ordination by Renewal's Reb Zalman Schachter-Shalomi. With Netzach sh b' Yosed, Rabbis Victor and Nadya went forward as they continue to do today, to lead international Renewal programs for Aleph. (Personally, for many years I am blessed to be able to participate.)

With Netzach sh b’Yesod, I was dedicated to serving Jewish community and with determination and guidance from Hashem and a committee, created the finest women’s adult education program in our Valley. A foundation was set for Jewish learning, and for deep lasting, caring friendships.

In Netzach sh b'Yesod, our friend, her chevre, and the two clergy created a bonded community. These rabbis were present yesterday to honor their 'departed' dear friend, and comfort extended family. May they all be comforted amongst all mourners in Yerushalayim and Tzion.

For me, during my early administrator leadership years, I personally discovered the Source of All BlesSings, and this spiritual relationship has remained my foundation for Emuna v’ Bitachon, faith and trust, and much more.

- Joy Krauthammer



MEMORY FLAME card created by © Joy Krauthammer 
Cards shared with extended family and chevre during memorials.

As Reb Zalman Schachter-Shalomi taught on Shavuot 2007:
in memory of loved ones, hold your beloved's, z"l, hand in your hand.
With a visionary channel open in both directions, to both give and to receive communication, 
share forgiveness, gratitude, compassion and LOVE.

Carry these thoughts with you, to always have your loved one close by, if desired. 
The Neshama is immortal and lives on in G*d's Light. 
Only the loved one's body is no longer with us.
I visualized and created this card during a time of loss when my rebbe David Zeller, z"l, died at Shavuot, 
and a year after the death of my husband, z"l.
I needed a candle for Yiskor and did not have one, being away from home at a Shavuot retreat. In lieu of a lit candle, I painted a flame, based on a meditation I did in the Holy Temple. The card pictures the flame. 

 "Ner Hashem Nishmat HaAdam." -  Proverbs 20:27
The candle of G*d is the human soul.

May the refinement work of cosmic cleansing that I do on myself during the 49 days of Kabbalistically Counting the Sephirat HaOmer help me to mamash/truly be who I am, and need to become. I need to delete klipot/husks (negative influences) and again ready myself for Shavuot by strengthening, elevating and perfecting my midot/character traits.


All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright protection by © Joy Krauthammer.
Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to repost/copy/reprint/use. Request in Comments, FB, or write/call personally.

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers