About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

FLOW IN SPLENDOR - day 35 MALCHUT sh b’HOD

PSALMS OF MY SOUL
Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer - day 35,  5 full weeks of the Omer

MALCHUT sh b’HOD ~ Divine Flow Within Splendor


River Flows From Heaven  #5 of 24
Lake Balboa
digital enhanced photo by © Joy Krauthammer 5.4.2015


MALCHUT sh b’HOD ~ Divine Flow Within Splendor
I love being in HOD, week 5 of Omer Counting, and this night’s counting is MALCHUT the last day of HOD week. A time of Splendor, Presence, and reflecting Divine light. 

Ahh, what does it mean? 
How have I watched myself function in this pair of holy Sephirot?

My 52 Frames weekly photo challenge began on Sunday, during CHESED sh b’ HOD

In CHESED I chose a photo for 52Frames weekly theme from a day with a visiting friend from Guatemala so she too could receive pleasure with memories. In GEVURAH I had to restrict myself to working within boundaries of theme, a “New Technique”, and with a current new photo. Which to choose? In TIFERET I want to work with beauty, harmony, blending color and form, and in truth choose a photo with meaning for me. In NETZACH I know I have to go forward to succeed in this week’s photo challenge and continue to deeply concentrate, but I had so much else to finish before this scheduled project. Needing to lay back for at least a few hours but no time, I’m not feeling confident and ready to learn a new technique to endure the assignment and to take a risk and maybe fail. I’ve completed so many creative projects in last week and I need refreshed energy to proceed. 

HOD. Love Hod that takes me into being grateful in Hoda’ah consciousness for so much of Divine energy. I'm in awe of what I’ve seen– gifts of G*d at Lake Balboa (creatures and flowers and trees), and I've photographed, transcended and transformed images within reflecting light and color. (A white swan, now colorfully painted!)

Ah, pushing through within YESOD and creativity. Excited about all the birthing options explored and manifested in Yesod: Two dozen images of light brown tree trunks now with endless Photoshop color variations! For MALCHUT, choosing and publishing the final unique creation filled with saturated complementary colors, meaning, and self-expression revealed knowing I’m surrounded by Presence. I’ve transformed G*d’s natural beauty of pale tree trunks from reaching into Heaven, and now into 'Rivers' of blue between Heaven and Earth. 

For me, The Source of BlesSings has flowed in the River of Light to fill yet another week of Splendor where I can examine myself within the Sephirot HaOmer and feel the freedom and flow of creative juices.

In Malchut sh b’Hod, how can we recognize the full flow, the sovereignty and Face of the Presence of the Holy One?  
How do we see, and within humility also photograph G*d?
~

"Cross Process" story included in 52 Frames weekly challenge theme:  A NEW TECHNIQUE
See week 19 for more images and Process:
http://joys-favorite-fotos.blogspot.com/2015/01/submissions-to-52-frames-2015.html

Had a fun creative time with tutorial directions to create and explore ‘curves’ and ‘levels’ to alter photo’s color tone and forms. I faced my fears and fatigue to learn Photoshop's 'Cross Process' technique. In ‘layers' I exaggerated the options and changed intensity of red, green and blue in shadows, lights and darks, and added purple, orange, and yellow. Experimented endlessly until I found hues, saturations, and shapes forming that I passionately appreciate. I am so excited having created these limitless changes. I had to continually stop the flow in order to save and savor that moment.

Playing the digital 'Curves', I felt as if I were playing my large round frame drum, moving my fingers around the edge for different tones, to achieve high and low, and sharp and dull. I expect that I'll be now seeing colors when I play my frame drum in Hod.

- Joy Krauthammer 
~ ~ ~

A few of my 28 'Cross Process' Tree Images from 5.8.2015:


digital enhanced photo by © Joy Krauthammer 5.4.2015

digital enhanced photo by © Joy Krauthammer 5.4.2015

digital enhanced photo by © Joy Krauthammer 5.4.2015

digital enhanced photo by © Joy Krauthammer 5.4.2015


For tomorrow please view the next day's Omer Psalms of My Soul.


All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright protection by © Joy Krauthammer.
Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to repost/copy/reprint/use. Request in Comments, FB, or write/call personally.

~ ~ ~



No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers