About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

DISCIPLINE DISSIPATES - day 37 GEVURAH sh b'YESOD

PSALMS OF MY SOUL
ספירת העומר


"Discipline Dissipates During Creation"
Lack of discipline I have as Balabusta during creativity flow.

Gevurah sh b'Yesod
Discipline in Creation (No and Yes)
Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer - day 37

and at end, "My Room" Gevurah in Yesod photo collage
- Joy Krauthammer

Discipline Dissipates During Creation
painting © Joy Krauthammer

This new painting "Discipline Dissipates During Creation" represents to me the lack of discipline I have as Balabusta for household chores while I am embedded in my flow of creative endeavors.

In Yesod, my digital photographic creativity and illustrated writing is mostly confined and limited in Gevurah to a computer screen, way too small for my needs, but I am more in control and with less of an artist's 'mess' as I "Serve G*d With Joy". (Psalm 100:2)

When I am in the flow of my Yesod state of creating, of devotion (addiction) to beginning, process and finishing arts: in writing, teaching preparation, filming, photo altering, collage creating, and drumming, I am focused on my creation in my own world. Rising with the sun, I can create for hours into the night or the next day. When I first taught myself to create blogs, endlessly for days I worked until being the best I could be, reaching meaningful potential. Since teen years that I recall, inspired and self-motivated, I am enraptured, in bliss, joy and harmony with empty gardens, blank canvases, warped looms, spinning wheels, and Apple desktops to fill with photos, plants, paint, ink, type, color, clay, camera, yarn, and sound. Little else matters as I work within, creating, and to complete my expressive projects from my heart and soul. 

A focus question for this 8 1/2" x 11" paper painting "Discipline Dissipates During Creation", is to think of something in my life during the Omer that I want to change. My life aka "Chaos on the Edge of Creativity"*, needs fixing. My arts are mostly confined in Gevurah to a computer screen space of 10 1/2" by 18 1/2", with all my windows overlapping each other, even as I now write. Folders and photo thumbnails are thickly overlaid on my desktop. May I be blessed to reach the 49th Gate, and Shavuot with less of a blemish as I dedicate myself to that which I ignore, and tikkun my clutter.

My painting done (without broad brushes of color) but limited to a few colored markers and crayons, displays in chunks of abrupt brown color, the mess of papers, projects, mail, letters, flyers, brochures, newspapers, and magazines that I never get to properly read nor file because I lack Gevurah/discipline. (Tax time this week is no fun.) (OK, my personal passions are also expansive...) Surrounding the brown piles of papers are ceramic pots I've created, as well as my percussion drums and timbrels, gongs and chimes, and in G*d's garden I tend-- blossoms and creatures: bunny, birds, and lizards, and much that pleases me: swimming and being present daily in prayer during sunrise and sunset. All these passions take time and with my whole being in Yesod, I create and give. B'Tzelem Elokim / in the image of G*d I am a co-partner with the Holy One in the act of creating. 

The central rectangular blue form in my painting is my not large enough iMac, keyboard and mouse. iMac had just been one small blue angular 2D object but I kept growing it, increasing in size as my time increases to endless hours a day that I spend on the computer as I create. My insight with the painting is that the computer multiplied in size analagous to time spent in the flow creating, and lacking discipline for chores.  I am in Gevurah in Yesod.
 - Joy Krauthammer

PS
The reality is that although my painting "Discipline Dissipates looks undisciplined while representing an undisciplined space, I used immediate discipline to sign it, date it, scan it, and publish it here in this site along with Artist Commentary and juxtapose it with my digital collage "My Room"

*This week at a UCLArts and Healing conference, I heard live Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi quote poet Mark Strand who called this flow, "... just an extended present in which you are making meaning."
~ ~ ~

My Room In the Flow
"There's no place like home"
Gevurah sh b'Yesod
 © Joy Krauthammer

Artist commentaryWITH Gevurah
http://visions-of-joy.blogspot.com/2011/10/joys-fantasy-room-sukkah-photos-and.html

http://sephirathaomer.blogspot.com

All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright protection by © Joy Krauthammer.
Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to repost/copy/reprint/use. Request in Comments, FB, or write/call personally.

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers