About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

COMPLIMENTS - day 33 HOD sh b'HOD

Psalms of My Soul 

ספירת העומר

Sephirat HaOmer day 33, Lag B'Omer


Hod sh b'Hod
Humility in Humility




Sunrise
© Joy Krauthammer

COMPLIMENTS

- Joy Krauthammer

In deep commitment I "serve G*d with joy" in many ways, and inspired try to do my best with my strengths and opportunities which the Source of Life has endowed me; as a temple musician, sound healer, artist, writer, teacher, spiritual guide, and friend, and doing Bikkur Cholim.

In Hod / humility, if I do not readily acknowledge and accept the compliments shared by others with me, bestowed upon me (about 'gifts' I give to others, or how I have 'performed'), that is not acknowledging in Hod, the generous gift of the one who shares.

I've learned that not actively accepting is rejecting the other's compliment, and is not good for the other, nor the relationship. It may have even taken courage for a stranger to come to me, to wait for me (after 'performing'), to find me, or send me a card.

For my personal growth, and to repair my weakness in Hod, I must continue to learn to accept the gifts from others when I am given appreciative, generous, kind, sweet, thoughtful, beautiful, compassionate, and meaningful words from heart and soul. I am touched.

In Hod / gratitude which I mamash, truly do feel, I stop, stand still, look in the eyes of the other, and allow the spoken gifts to enter. I ask the person's name, repeat it, and thank them. I may feel my heart warm, tears may come, I may turn red, and sometimes have a hard time accepting the gift. I can truthfully say 'thank you', give a hug, and let the person know that the words make a difference to me, and that makes the other feel good. There is mutual respect and the revelation of valuing each other.

Why is it hard for me at the moment of giving, to accept compliments from people I may barely know, or not know at all? Maybe I am surprised to hear these words of praise. (I did not grow up hearing praise.)

In response and in all honesty I can tell the person that I am able to 'shine' as they say, because I feel and receive the loving joyous energy sent in my direction, surrounding me, inspiring me, and that mine then reflects back in circular form to those around me. The energy reverberates and light increases. I see it, feel it and react to the energy!

When I see a dancer rise to my music in Hod, my music rises higher in mamash true response. Grateful that energy recirculates.

I can turn to another musician and easily tell them how hearing them play in Splendor makes a difference to my soul. I can and do easily tell everyone, THANK YOU.

G*d has given me gifts, and I must acknowledge them to inspire others. Amayn.
May you be blessed to be all the best that you can be.
Namaste' / In your light I see light.

I acknowledge that reading what others are writing in this season's Huff Post Religion Omer Blog helps me to better understand Sephirat HaOmer. Thank you for sharing your gifts and wisdom.

BlesSings for acceptance, sharing, health, wholeness, peace, revealed miracles, creativity, discovery, wonder, blooming gardens, majestic sunrises, sighting birds, love and joy,
JOY
Serve G*d With Joy
"Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha"




Sunset 
Santa Monica, CA
© Joy Krauthammer



I LOVE NAMASTE
"In your light do I see light."
License plate I saw at full moon meditation at Spiritual Unity Movement
© Joy Krauthammer 


Lag B'Omer Bonfire
(smores with my granddaughter)
© Joy Krauthammer 


For tomorrow please view the next day's Omer Psalms of My Soul.


All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright protection by © Joy Krauthammer.
Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to repost/copy/reprint/use. Request in Comments, FB, or write/call personally.



~ ~ ~

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers