About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

Family Lovingkindness - day 1 CHESED sh b'CHESED


http://sephirathaomer.blogspot.com/2011/06/lovingkindness-flows-day-1-chesed-sh.html

ספירת העומר

PSALMS OF MY SOUL
Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer
Lovingkindness Flows, Chesed sh b'Chesed - day 1 on the Tree of Life
My Spiritual Journey preparing for Shavuot

Lovingkindness Illuminates My Being a Guest

Day 1

With gratitude for the Chesed sh b'Chesed expressed by cousins on Day 1 of Omer Counting on 2nd night of Pesach at Seder.

Dayenu that Merle and Michael Russ invited me (and dayenu, also my sister) for Seder, and Dayenu, they also extended the invitation to a couple dear friends of mine that they didn't know, as well as to all others at their family Seder including their own family with cutest little granddaughter. A visually beautiful table laden with meaningful and personal Pesach ritual symbols and spring flowers to welcome us all.

Following a most delicious meal and conversations about what we stand for on our journeys, with joys and fears, I regretted that I had to race out to do my most days mitzvah. My expressed Chesed is helping a friend who turns 92 next week.  I put eye drops into dear Edith's eyes before she goes to bed. Last night I kept her waiting a bit longer as I enjoyed Seder. As I entered Edith's home, she was giving her cat the desired late night snack. The cat would then share love with Edith. Lovingkindness rolls around.










Thank you, dear cousins Mike and Merle, for hosting me for your wonderful Seder each year. 
I treasure these holidays with you and family.   - Joy

TODAY 5779


Rereading this Omer Day #1, I am also saddened to recall that exactly one year ago my dearest "best friend forever” (as she called me) Edith, obm, died, day before Easter, her holiday. And the invited guest I refer to, Suzanne, z"l, my beloved friend since college in the sixties, also died since that Seder. Love remains.
I love my cousins Mike and Merle who hosted me for Seder. 
Chesed sh b’Chesed.
BlesSings, Joy
Chag Sameach
Today is Easter Sunday and of course, Pesach, 2nd day.

May the refinement work of cosmic cleansing that I do on myself during the 49 days of Kabbalistically Counting the Sephirat HaOmer help me to mamash/truly be who I am, and need to become. I need to delete klipot/husks (negative influences) and again ready myself for Shavuot by strengthening, elevating and perfecting my midot/character traits.

My goal is to mindfully & Sephirotically examine mysef during each of 49 days of Counting the Omer, 
and delete blemishes to purify in preparation going toward Shavuot. 
It feels good to know and recognize that the compassionate action we share as friends, 
is because we are created B'Tzelem Elokim, in the image of the Holy One. 
"Love your neighbor as yourself"  I AM the Eternal One."  (Leviticus 19:18)


All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright protection by © Joy Krauthammer.
Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to repost/copy/reprint/use. Request in Comments, FB, or write/call personally. 



No comments:

Followers