About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

Boundaries In LOVINGKINDNESS - day 2 GEVURAH sh b’CHESED

Boundaries In LOVINGKINDNESS - day 2 GEVURAH sh b’CHESED

PSALMS OF MY SOUL
ספירת העומר

GEVURAH sh b'CHESED
Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer - day 2


In Chesed/Lovingkindness I must have Gevurah/boundaries around my desire to be a friend, to help a friend with cancer and discharged from the hospital only hours before Pesach. I want to be present for my friend and yet I must respect her boundaries while she’s in pain during surgical recovery. 
I send healing prayers to my friend.
 El Na ReFa Na La

Although my dear friend, z"l, was given 3 months to live, nine months later after much suffering in pain, yet living her life as she loved, I did vidui with her and gave the eulogy at her funeral. 
Baruch Dayan HaEmet  1 Shevat 5777

~

I realize that last week I also, with kid gloves and activating Gevurah sh b’Chesed, very carefully shared my opinions with people about Bikkur Cholim and the importance to not postpone a visit to their loved one. I’m glad I did speak up with loving kindness and mindfull of  boundaries, because one week later, the day before Pesach, their loved one, z”l, died. I did not want the family to suffer any later thoughts of regret about lack of visit, so I spoke up. Maybe not my business, but I cared both for the loved one and the family. They said they would visit. I share my condolences. I loved my cousin. He was so caring, kind, sweet, funny and filled with faith. In sympathy and tears.

~ ~ ~

MOVIE DRASH

Following the counting of Omer day 2, Gevurah sh b’Chesed, I watched the recent movie “SAND STORM” (from Netflix). Well filmed by a young Israeli Jewish woman in a Bedouin village in the Negev, about Strength and Limitations in Lovingkindness and Liberation. A film filled with how three generations of women are oppressed by Arab men, and yet they are filled with love, bitterness and feminism, maybe more than fear, for the lives they lead--their tradition ruled with patriarchy. Just because the teen in movie has a cell phone and attends university, doesn’t mean she can do as she wishes. Limitations are deeply rooted, as is love. 
How do we make life decisions concerning Boundaries when Love is also a component? - Joy

                                                                             ~ ~ ~


All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright protection by © Joy Krauthammer.

Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to repost/copy/reprint/use. Request in Comments, FB, or write/call personally. 

No comments:

Followers