About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

HEALING BLESSINGS - day 4 NETZACH sh b'CHESED

PSALMS OF MY SOUL

ספירת העומר

Victory/Endurance in Loving Kindness - 
Netzach sh b'Chesed
Reassure a hospitalized friend of the strength of community caring, and advance beyond bureaucratic challenges of communication, to deliver healing blesSings.

Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer - day 4
- Joy Krauthammer




HEALING BLESSINGS
photo montage  © Joy Krauthammer


Sephirat HaOmer, Netzach sh b'Chesed - day 4
by Joy Krauthammer

Tonight in the Sephirotic Counting of the Omer, it is with Netzach sh b'Chesed, that I tracked down a synagogue friend at UCLA Hospital in an ICU. 


It took Netzach as I had to tell and retell my story several times, to way too many hospital personnel, in order to get a loving message to the patient in the ICU. He had just had surgery on his broken leg today and no one even knew who he was since the ER admitted him on 2nd night of Pesach as Trauma (John Doe). A car hit my friend as he waited for a bus to go to Seder. Friends and family had no idea what had happened and why he had disappeared. Today friends were unsuccessfully trying to send greetings to him but could not reach him at hospital because his identity had not yet been established.  

Whew. I would not give up and made a couple phone calls and was passed around to at least six ward nurses with one call needing to retell each time (sort of like a Haggadah) the story of nameless patient.  Halleluyah, my persistence paid off and I found the nurse who had transferred patient to another unit, and gave her a loving message to give to the patient from all of us from shul. I waited then called the current new nurse who informed me she had received note from prior nurse and already given the patient my message. I re-informed the nurse of the caring message from shul so she understood its importance and she could share it again with patient. She said the patient was happy to receive message from our hearts. Baruch Hashem, our caring chevre made a difference in the healing of our friend. With appreciation, I made it clear to each nurse that I was very grateful for their kindess to patient, and me, the messenger.

I knew that the patient would benefit from my endurance in locating him for community, even at a late hour. He could be reassured while alone in a hospital that he was not forgotten, even by friends who rarely see him. With Chesed I could empathize and know the importance of receiving love.
~ ~ ~

The patient was so very happy to hear from me the next morning.  On the phone, in Chesed, and joyous Netzach, I journeyed my friend into my garden to enjoy red roses, and berry blossoms, and together we said prayers. We talked about the Omer, and I thanked friend for the opportunity for me to share teachings on Sephirat HaOmer. It was easy to do Bikkur Cholim with a friend who was grateful and filled with good spirit.
~ ~ ~

How have you reached out to one in need of Chesed?
Are you aware 
that Netzach is not only for fighting battles,
and winning wars,
 and for being a caregiver angel warrior,
 but going forward in joy 
to where the journey leads?


~ ~ ~ 



Is LOVE enduring?

This week having a disagreement with my elder friend, and only two days before her 91st birthday, I think today how our friendship does endure. It is rare to have a disagreement. If I see one coming, with a clear difference of opinion, I change the topic so as not to be at odds. After 9 decades, my friend is firmly ensconsed in her beliefs.  I can still change mine when persuaded with personal experience, knowledge and wisdom.  Our opinions differ with women's body issues, religion and politics. Staying clear of these, our friendship endures as Netzach sh b'Chesed.

Worse for me is when I have a disagreement with a dear family member. I am more religious and it causes me grief and sadness to hear of some of her religious decisions not based in Judaism, and against faith. I must find a way to not judge others when situations do affect me, even if the situation will be for a life-time.  Our relationship endures in Chesed.

What is my truth?  What is your truth?  
Perceptions, understanding, my world, your world, illogical or faith?, 
thoughts, beliefs, dreams. Why?
What do we reach for? How do we go forward to where we want to be, 
and avoid that where we don't want to be?

~ ~ ~



PSALMS OF MY SOUL

ספירת העומר

Victory/Endurance in Loving Kindness - Netzach sh b'Chesed

Reassure a recently hospitalized friend of the strength of community caring, and advance beyond bureaucratic challenges of communication, to deliver healing blesSings.
Again this year, yet a different Friend.

Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer - day 4
- Joy Krauthammer  2016



Again today in Netzach sh b'Chesed, I find myself in touch with community, going forward to let friends know how our mutual Friend is.  At age 86, Friend needed cancer surgery 9 days ago.  Last surgery a month ago for biopsy and some tumor removal, I accompanied Friend and stayed with her when she was discharged until I knew she was OK on her own. This time with major surgery, a respected nurse was hired to care for Friend. It took hours for me to locate the nurse due to lack of info, and communication issues. I have my ways based on experience and Netzach, need to succeed, and found the hired nurse and was able to communicate with all other friends and clergy that Friend was right then moving to recovery after surgery. 

In the energy of Netzach sh b'Chesed, again I am tracking down Friend because she has moved to a recuperation place and now has been taken to an MD. Without family, there is a small caring group and each move I communicate with the others. They are employees of Friend, and clergy, and one dear long-time friend overseas. I am in the US the only true and long-time friend since we met at our art society a few decades ago. In Netzach today I hope to communicate in Chesed with Friend who is in pain and has chosen not to undergo any cancer treatments.

Having been a medical social worker in my New York life, an MBA specializing in Long Term Care (UJ/AJU), and until a decade ago after many many years– a Caregiver Angel Warrior (for my husband, z"l), knowing the ins and outs of hospitals, and recently dealing with my older sister's hospitalizations, etc. etc., I am familiar with how to use the energy of Netzach sh b'Chesed.  I wish my wisdom and experience was not needed. 
BlesSings for Refuah Shleymah to all my friends and those in need of healing. 
From our mouths to G*D's ear.


© Joy Krauthammer 

~ ~ ~

Netzach sh b'Chesed
Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer - day 4

Pink Petunias striving for joyous lovingkindness in relationships.
Go forward in JOY.

Garden of Joy
© Joy Krauthammer
~ ~ ~

All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright protection by © Joy Krauthammer.
Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to repost/copy/reprint/use. Request in Comments, FB, or write/call personally. 

No comments:

Followers