About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

Tallit Radiates Sephirot

My Tallit Radiates With Sephirot

I loved creating my Tallit radiating with Sephirot, 
from a sarong I bought in Bali.
© Joy Krauthammer



The story of my Sephirat golden radiance emblazoned Bali Tallit is that I wanted to be embraced by, surrounded by, covered by, wrapped in, especially during davvenen, from the top of my head and down-- symbols of Sephirot representing the Ohr / Light filled G*dly mystical energies that I can feel infused with inside to the outside; emotions and actions, to connect more closely with the Divine One. And maybe in more transparency I can transcend myself, be further transformed, and awakened in my consciousness in "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha", Serving G*d with Joy in Four Worlds of Spirit, Mind, Heart and Body. 

Painting my Tallit was fun and joy-filled for me. My Tallit creates for me a Rechem Ohel / womb tent for my Neshamah / my soul, and I can emerge from prayer more emblazoned in peaceful illumination, inspired and determined to do my Avodah in Chesed / lovingkindness, Tiferet / compassion and joy.

Tzitzit on my Sephirot Tallit.

I knew to use one Tekhelet * colored thread in each corner of my tzitzit, so I decided that using all tekhelet blue would be joyous on the sarong that I bought in Bali in 1991 during my transformative spiritual journey.

Reb Shlomo Carlebach, z"l, during Shabbat Pekudei 1994, said to me at Torah when he named me "Tzoharah" (Gila Rena Tzoharah)-- that I need to have a blue thread in my tzitzit. (I was wearing my Sephirot ribbon tallit at the time.) That Shlomo Shabbaton was with Pico-Robertson chevre who were to become the Happy Minyan when Shlomo died 7 months later. (I was blessed to be Shlomo's drummer.)

This photo shares the process of painting Tzohar, illumination, radiance… ( I used a paper template that artist Sally Pond loaned to me.)
Decorating the tallit is for Hiddur Mitzvah / beautification enhancement of ritual, ceremonial objects.

Sefirah = Mispar/ number; Sipur/ tell story; Sapir/sapphire; Tzohar/ illuminate
(Tzohar/window at top of Noah's Ark was to illuminate.)
Sefirah Shoresh/root  = Sapir and Tzohar to illuminate our lives.

Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch discusses the deeper meaning of Tohar:
Tohar is related to tsohar, which means: transparent; something whose particles are homogeneous and allow rays of light to pass through them. A pure object – the tahor – is receptive, and the Divine light penetrates it. A pure person is one who is receptive to the spiritual, to the Divine; one whose mind, heart, and body are suffused with the Divine light. (Commentary to Genesis 7:2)

BlesSings for compassion, strength, health, wholeness, peace, truth, beauty, endurance, revealed miracles, creativity, discovery, wonder, blooming gardens, sighting birds, majestic sunrises, connection, rootedness and revealed self-expression, love and joy, 
 - Joy Krauthammer

* Blue snail ink from the Murex Trunculus 'Hilazon'.

(Copy of letter accompanying submission to Josh Fleet, Huff Post Religion Editor for Omer Blog)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/counting-the-omer-49-days-liveblog_n_2974623.html
http://huff.to/171uS5D
~ ~ ~

All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright protection by © Joy Krauthammer.
Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to repost/copy/reprint/use. Request in Comments, FB, or write/call personally. 


No comments:

Followers