About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

FIGS GROW - day 46 NETZACH sh b'MALCHUT

Psalms of My Soul
ספירת העומר

Netzach sh b'Malchut
Endurance Within Shechina


Sephirat HaOmer day 46
6 weeks and 4 days of the Omer 

Figs Are As Torah.  Am I?

- Joy Krauthammer

Fig trees in all their ripe beautiful fullness, uniqueness, and purple royalty, are grown from foot-long barren branches filled with potential. In dormancy, fig trees have been pruned, cut back and endure the amputations, and mourning over limb loss. Roots, new branches, leaves and produce are determined to sprout, grow and fill out in glory.  Fig tree has endured the dormant winter season until Tu B'Shvat when again the sap flows. In victory over obstacles, new growth successfully starts to push out through the undressed branches, some lathered in tar from prior amputations. Determination is immediate as even the tiniest of green baby figs show their perseverence and appear to begin a new season, while other creatures scamper all over the figs, devouring them, as they mature. 

Figs are as Sephirot as is Torah

How can I be like a FIG?  How can my spirit and physical being endure trials, challenges and seasons, and successfully reach my goals?  What kind of warrier am I?  Do I fight for what I believe in for myself and for others and ideals?  Do I go forward in joy?
What is my intention from the time of Tu B'Shvat, and when my limbs are pruned to serve a purpose, to achieve goals, to produce lush beautiful sweet, purple bounty?

How are my roots when they had been vulnerable and fragile, and my trunk, branches, leaves, and nourishment– so that I can go forward with my fruits, my gifts, toward my receivers of fruits?  Is my fruit like the fig and Torah, that it is edible through and through, and ripens a little at a time?

Sephirot HaOmer are like Torah and figs: Additional Sephirah energies are visible each day, as are figs, and contemplated, and grasped, digested, and more wisdom and transformation is available for goodness, growth and sharing in the land of Holiness.




"They will sit, each person under his vine and under his fig tree, and none will make them afraid, for the mouth of the Compassionate One, G*d of the hosts of Creation, has spoken." (Micah 4:4)

"Torah compares to a fig tree; Figs on a tree do not ripen all at once, but a little each day. Therefore, one keeps finding new figs in the tree each day. So too with Torah: The more one studies each day, the more knowledge and wisdom one finds." (Eruvin 54a)

"In that day (of Torah and peace)... everyone will invite his friend in fellowship under his vine and under his fig tree." (Zechariah 3:10)




Figs Grow in G*d's Garden Tended by Joy
© Joy Krauthammer

Joy tends baby fig trees
and gives away hundreds each year for Tu B'Shvat
Garden of Joy
© Joy Krauthammer

Figs 
Garden of Joy
© Joy Krauthammer   5.16.2015


MORE PHOTOS
http://joys-garden.blogspot.com/2013/02/fig-tree-collages.html

"Manna From Heaven" poem:  


~ ~ ~

May the refinement work of cosmic cleansing that I do on myself during the 49 days of Kabbalistically Counting the Sephirat HaOmer help me to mamash/truly be who I am, and need to become. I desire to delete klipot/husks (negative influences) and again ready myself for Shavuot by strengthening, elevating and perfecting my midot/character traits.  
All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright by © Joy Krauthammer
Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to copy/reprint/use.  
~

No comments:

Followers