About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

CREATE JOY - day 45 TIFERET sh b’MALCHUT

Psalms of My Soul

Tiferet sh b'Malchut
Sephirat HaOmer day 45   ספירת העומר
6 Weeks and 3 Days of the Omer


How do I CREATE JOY?
Winning JOY NIGHT and PARTY

- Joy Krauthammer

After nominating myself, I won the free hotel room night at Joie de' Vivre, but did not go to the S.F. JOYS celebration. 

August 26, 2007    Nominating JOY    Nomination to Joie de’ Vivre hotel: ksanchez@jdvhospitality.com

HI, 
Clearly I nominate myself, JOY, for Spirit of Joy award.     
How do I create JOY?

This is what I am. JOY. It is what I do. It is how I transcend and transform.
It is how I "make lemon aide out of lemons." It is what I offer others to be, not just for myself.

As percussionist, it is how I perform or how I am played.  I have inscribed on my instruments, "CREATE JOY".
People "light up" they tell me when they are in my presence as I perform.
I reflect the joy in others that I see and feel, especially as I play, and then others feel more joy. Joy circulates

My business cards have read, Gifts of JOY, Angels of JOY, Serve G*d With Joy.
When I visit the elderly and the infirm, to do Bikkur Cholim, I bring JOY.  I may first walk on the grass barefoot under a tree to bring the joy energy of the tree with me, along with flowers from my garden.

Tonight I went to a class where I had never been, and I brought my garden's fresh figs filled with joy to the hosts.
Last night I went to a friend's birthday party and there were guests that I did not know, who looked like they did not know anyone but the guest of honor.  I brought over my joy to them, the stranger, instead of sitting with my own friends, so that the stranger, too, could feel joy and inclusion.  With intention, I introduced people to each other.
I do this wherever I am, inclusively including so others don’t feel left out, or alone. Years later I may hear gratitude.
This sensitivity and caring, my compassion, is my innate nature in creating joy.

My Hebrew name is Gila (joy of happiness) Rena (joy of song) Tzohara (top light-filled window in Noah’s ark).
This translates to "double Joy and Light."
When I was named in Hebrew in a ceremony, my teacher Reb Shlomo Carlebach, z’l, said, that I had a million reasons to cry but you only saw my joy. I was Shlomo’s “holy sister” and “holy drummer” as he called me.

When my husband, of blessed memory, died last year after 18 years of paralyzing cancer– when he was being put into the ground—interred in the grave, I called out in joy, "Free, he's free at last."   I expressed the joy of my husband not suffering any longer.
“Joy breaks through all barriers.” The Baal Shem Tov

Whether it is a funeral, or performing to bring 150 women to praise and dance in a temple, or playing to remember my teachers of blessed memory, or my serving as Sound Healer as a volunteer where ever I go, it is the joy of the giving and of the sharing and in having people receive the vibrational sounds of the gongs, bells and crystal and Tibetan singing bowls, which in joy, I bought in Tibet.

I celebrate the joy of going out in the morning at dawn with the first colorful rays of the sunrise, to find the fallen fruits from the vine, and to sing and dance my prayers. I have the joy of finding a new unfurling fern, seeing a twinkle on a sun-lit palm frond, and delivering fruits daily to those who I know could enjoy the joy of G*d’s succulent creations.
                                                      More JOY
It is the joy I have making another happy.
It is the joy I have seeing another succeed in whatever is good for them. It is feeling the empathetic joy, when another has accomplished and is living a right life and feels happiness.
It is the joy of seeing the seed planted and watching it grow.  It is the joy of the first flowers that I saw today.
It is saying Shehecheyanu in experiencing each new joyous moment, and having been sustained to reach this time.
It is the joy of knowing that there is a club for people filled with joy. And a hotel named Joie de' Vivre

Joy Krauthammer
"Serve G*d in Joy"         

May the refinement work of cosmic cleansing that I do on myself during the 49 days of Kabbalistically Counting the Sephirat HaOmer help me to mamash/truly be who I am, and need to become. I desire to delete klipot/husks (negative influences) and again ready myself for Shavuot by strengthening, elevating and perfecting my midot/character traits.  
http://sephirathaomer.blogspot.com


All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright by © Joy Krauthammer
Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to copy/reprint/use.

No comments:

Followers