About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

POSTER ART LIMITS - day 9 GEVURAH sh b'GEVURAH

Psalms of My Soul

POSTER ART LIMITS - day 9 GEVURAH sh b'GEVURAH


GEVURAH sh b'GEVURAH
Sephirat HaOmer day 9

Today, I spent a few hours working within limitations to redesign an event poster to be two by three feet. 
My own limits within the size limits are to be as specific as possible, without any errors, and to be attractive while being exacting, and to get event invitation message across.

I wanted beauty to shine quietly within boundaries created on digital computer. 
This means to have elements equal, balanced, symmetical, centered, focus on importance with best sizing of fonts and font styles. Not a wild abstract design. A large poster to be displayed in a synagogue lobby on an art easel.

To recreate the poster from flyer I'd designed, I used discipline, limitations, judgement, borders and boundaries. I love curves, but instead used straight lines and angles to create effect for synagogue.
Two presenters' portraits on poster are different. One casual in action and passion (that's me) with background and the other a portrait of rabbi with plain background. I thinly framed each photo to call equal importance to them, so that one is not lost in poster space. I cropped to reduce my photo.
I matched separate fonts with specific details across poster to not be complicated. 
See poster below for Jewish Wisdom & Wellness event. 




AND
on same day today, I recreated a digital painting of mine of River of Light over a photograph of a Costa Rica forest path, so that this too would shine with beauty in specific limitation. River of Light will be displayed for a few months beginning this Sunday in a Healing exhibit at American Jewish University. 

I had to recreate to increase the resolution and reduce pixalization. Using boundaries and judgment, I created what I think is a work of beauty and great meaning. The Healing theme created for Sephirat HaOmer, is not only about humans but also of our care for the universe, Tikkun Olam, and our concern for Healing Water during a time of severe drought, water waste, and pollution.

I've spent many hours recreating this artistic imaginal theme to be able to be enlarged for display. This digital painting composite like the event poster above, is created within great Gevurah.
Stretching past Gevurah, I feel good that I've never sbefore een a placment of Sephirot in the way I have placed the Omer stones, and with a heart for Tiferet, in the middle.



© Joy Krauthammer 

~ ~ ~

In Painting, the bottom of River IS dirty closer to humans, because River of Light is showing that the RIVER NEEDS HEALING FROM THE DROUGHT and OUR misuse of WATER, our waste and pollution. 
The more dry river bottom showing is symbolic of our universe and ALL WATER issues. 

We the people must cleanse/purify/correct our actions (as in Counting Sephirat HaOmer) to do what is right to clean/HEAL our world, Tikkun Olam.

The Sephirot HaOmer stones are higher up the clean River because higher is more G*dly.


With Gevurah, I am actively conscious of my water usage including how I shower, brush my teeth, water my garden, wash my clothes and wash my dishes. A couple weeks ago I led a 52Frames group photo walk to the local Lake Balboa on World Water Day and spoke on healing water.  A couple week prior to that, I helped lead an event for Parliament of World Religions on Healing Water. I played my water percussion during a very limited time within an event led by a friend for International Women's day.  Please Hashem, help us have clean water.

All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright protection by © Joy Krauthammer.

Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to repost/copy/reprint/use. Request in Comments, FB, or write/call personally.
~ ~ ~

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers