About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

MASK EYES - day 15 CHESED sh b'TIFERET

PSALMS OF MY SOUL
ספירת העומר


CHESED sh b' TIFERET 
Loving Kindness in Compassion
Mask & I

Kabbalistic Sephirat Counting of the Omer day 15,
which is two weeks and one day of the Omer.
day 1 of week 3.

- Joy Krauthammer


Panim al Panim / Face to Face
Joy Krauthammer ©

MASK and I
Loving Kindness in Compassion
- Joy Krauthammer
7/27/2003
B"H
Dear Jane, 

Thoughts to share with you re: my mask, "Panim al Panim / Face to Face".
Thank you, Jane, for your Panim al Panim / Face to Face workshop with Sarah's Tent this last Sunday in Savina's delicious garden.

What fun I had creating the mask. 
Was surprised at the intimate prior verbal somewhat difficult process. My workshop 'partner' made it accessible.

I look at my mask: so wild, colorful in my colors, scrappy, potchkied, layered, moving, emotional, appearing so different to me from ALL the others: which were so neat, clean, clearly defined, attractive, stark, dramatic, and painted flat.

Immediately, I went out beyond the borders creating large loopy kinetic star filled wire earrings, and then gently fan brushed in light blue color to more forced thicker blue paint, filling in after sparkles were used. 

Even today, days later, the two heart eyes speak to me of my compassion, loving-kindness / Chesed, given over in caring ways with words and actions in so many ways. The blue heart bead--one with sadness, the fuscia--with more joy. 
I do see with my Tiferet / heart. Interesting comparison when both are shaped identically.

I found myself here and in my other lives in the mask with the sparkle glitter ‘scarations’, as found on ethnic African and Indian masks.

Lips not defined by natural outlines but color wildly coming forth from around outside the lips, red curled ribbon from inside mouth, alive in the twisting speaking of words, pointing toward heart eye and leaning downward on other side.

Spontaneously, first curling up happy star sprouting wires for earrings, authentically me, hoops of shiny scarlet, and turquoise and purple shiny bead hearts on lobes. Happy, kinetic swings, dancing ribboned tambourine / timbrel spirited player I am on my mask.

Mask bordered by turquoise leather thong with paint and glue extending as far out to edge as possible, going beyond the face and "outside of box".

Without mask in front of me as I write, I clearly see my soul in this mask.

Interestingly, when presented with the fun artsy craftsy tools, I quickly forgot the entire time spent in the preceding lengthy intimate communication 'partner' pairings. I forgot I was working on the image of what I saw in the guided visionary mirror. What I had envisioned creating at the ending moment of verbal process, was a 'cleaving to G*d' and I, twisted like a Havdalah candle.

Interesting that I forgot that totally, consciously 'cleaving to G*d' thought, and instead subconsciously spontaneously twisted red ribbon words out of mask mouth, twisted earrings and twisted blue ribbon for hair. I twisted the gluey sparkles everywhere.

So, I am with the Holy One. Did I not know that?

I love feathers, but I did not have the need to add available feathers.
Aha, neither did I put any Judaic symbols on my mask. Jewish is my inner soul and my life.

One love, shalom and abundant blessings of health and joy to you,
Joy Krauthammer
"Serve G*d With Joy"
~ ~ ~

May the refinement work of cosmic cleansing that I do on myself during the 49 days of Kabbalistically Counting the Sephirat HaOmer help me to mamash/truly be who I am, and need to become. I need to delete klipot/husks (negative influences) and again ready myself for Shavuot by strengthening, elevating and perfecting my midot/character traits.

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers