About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

GETTY STEPS - day 23 GEVURAH sh b'NETZACH

Psalms of My Soul

ספירת העומר

GEVURAH sh b'NETZACH
Counting of the Omer - day 23  3 weeks and two days of the Omer.

Getty Steps




So, nu, what's going on here?
My joy was active in Netzach wanting success for my desire, yet needed some boundaries from Gevurah.
I raced up the outdoor steps to the Getty Center and had to restrain myself in Gevurah in the time I spent on the stairs.
First I asked a male stranger at the bottom to use my camera as I quickly positioned myself where I think
maybe we are not supposed to go.
 It was tempting and fun. 
Could barely see the larger than life-size Aristide Maillol reclining sculpture "Air" that I desired to emulate.
Joy was present and directed toward victory ignoring limitations.
Now there is a rope for visitors stating, "NO".

Do you trespass your own boundaries, or someone elses'?
Do you go beyond your 'comfort zone'?
Are you playful in public?
Do you seize an opportunity or photo opp?
Or overly censor yourself?
Do you allow yourself to imitate art?
and be involved?
Do you Count the Sephirat HaOmer?

- Joy Krauthammer
~ ~ ~


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers