About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

ACCOUNTING VICTORY - day 23 GEVURAH sh b'NETZACH

PSALMS OF MY SOUL
Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer - day 23, 3 weeks and 2 days of the Omer
GEVURAH sh b’NETZACH  - Discipline Within Victory  ספירת העומר
Accounting Victory

My Crystal
"focus, amplify, transmit, transform and store"
© Joy Krauthammer 


I GRADUATED
1+1 = 1 (Gematria
by Joy Krauthammer

I’ll never forget when my UJ/AJU MBA Department Chair, Mark Bookman, J.D. told me that I had to take --finally-- ACCOUNTING in order to graduate after 8 years of study. 
I agreed. I was standing in the hallway at the threshold of the university office.

Department Chair said to me, “Don’t worry, Joy, you can always hire an accountant to do the bookkeeping for you in business".
And
“the bad news is that NOW THE ACCOUNTING COURSE IS TWO SEMESTERS
AND
the good news is that TOMORROW MORNING is a test you can take with others to test out of the Part 1 of accounting."

I remembered from high school accounting that: “Credits are by the window and Debits by the door”.  That didn’t help me.
I had also never used a calculator and did all figures in my head for the prior 47 years. I could correctly add up groceries at check-out faster than the cashier.

In Gevurah/discipline I spent the rest of that day and into the night at local public library with every book on accounting from the shelves on my table, stuffing the information into my head and with my large crystal next to me so I could in Netzach/victoriously take test. Library lights blinked warning, library closed, and I went home. 

In the morning I put my CRYSTAL next to me during test knowing crystal would help my mind remember. No calculator, but a pencil, paper and crystal.
CRYSTAL ATTRIBUTES: "focus, amplify, transmit, transform and store".
With Master Ho I had studied energy healing with crystals and I remembered what I had learned. 
Currently I use a crystal as a pendulum, and use crystal for healing with my crystal singing bowl. I had used my crystal to help me graduate with my MBA.

I watched as other students one by one left the test room and I stayed last to finish test.
They either knew everything or they had given up.
Next day I received the test results-- on the fringe but I passed, my MBA Chair informed me. 
Skipped Accounting course part 1, entered course part 2. 

Messed up royally in Accounting course because I KNEW NOTHING, remembered nothing from library, but I studied and I passed course and I bound my thesis and I graduated wearing cap and gown!!! Oldest living graduate in the program.
I hire a CPA when I need one!
I continue to have nightmares about needing to still take a course to receive my degree.

PS
My MBA Chair recently wrote to me:
FYI: in supporting your completion of the requirements for an MBA,  – I also believe you exhibited the most important ingredients in a thesis: a commitment to explore and pursue a substantive topic and perspective.

I responded: "Mine was also a totally HONEST THESIS with commitment to highest quality".

My Chair was very patient with me knowing I was a Caregiver Angel Warrior for my husband, z”l, during those MBA years, and that challenging horrific era began shortly after I had entered the UJ MBA program.

In addition, the Northridge earthquake happened in my last semester. It took months before I could in courage with Gevurah sh b’Netzach / Discipline and Victory, enter my earthquake strewn with everything office with most of the thesis still in the computer, and print and save the 300+ pages out of the machine.

Sad for me that I never got to work where I had INTENDED to work --at the Jewish Federation with Jerry Weber, z”l, or Skirball Cultural Center, or CalArts. Each organization’s director had known of my employment intention. Instead, I was Caregiver Angel Warrior “Serving G*d in Joy” by caring for one human being.

My soul accounting told me "To save ONE life is as if to save the entire world". Talmud, Sanhedrin 37a

Guess that is Cheshbon HaNefesh, accounting of the soul, sort of like counting Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer. I don't miss a beat.

- Joy Krauthammer


Numbers
© Joy Krauthammer 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers