About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

SERVE IN HARMONY - day 20 YESOD sh b'TIFERET

PSALMS OF MY SOUL
ספירת העומר

Yesod sh b'Tiferet 
Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer - day 20

Serving G*d With Sounds of Joy
"Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" Psalm 100:2


I love Tiferet. Tiferet mediates between Chesed and Gevurah. I have to use Gevurah on Tiferet's side, to hold back, and not write a manifesto on this topic when I think of all the music, arts and gifts that come from Chesed. I offer Links below.

For me, Yesod, Bonding is a Foundation with chevre, with community and comes from a womb creating many 'babies' including music. Today I think of Service to G*d and community when I see a photo I shot of the stained glass window at Reb Shlomo Carlebach's, z"l, upper west side synagogue.  I loved Reb Shlomo and loved being his percussionist. As a drummer, I continue to serve Judaism with  joy, and love sharing Shlomo's music that he received from Shamayim.

I can't think of the blemish that needs rectifying in this situation. All the time I strive to be better, to be a better support, thus this must help purify where I have qualities needing cleansing. My music although 'out there' accompanying other musicians, is very personal to me. I regularly check in with the Holy One to make sure that what comes from my heart and soul and hands is in the right Truthful spiritual direction. I know my music helps Bond spiritual community, as members let me know, so that is also reassuring to me to affirm my playing schedules and venues.  My music comes from the first Temple. 

My music is about Truth. I don't think of my music in Beauty, but yes, some aspects of it are, such as when I play the gentle chimes and can hear angels twinkling. I guess it is in Beauty because people are inspired and uplifted. That is Truth. People pray and dance to my accompanying Sounds of Joy. My music is in Balance and Harmony with the other musicians. 

In addition to my drumming percussion, my gift of Singing Bowls meditations comes from my Yesod, and how I am guided to birth the massaging sounds.

In both ongoing experiences, I am humble and grateful, knowing that I am a vessel and the sounds of my hands as they play instruments, come through me from the Holy One. I am grateful to be blessed to Serve G*d With Joy.


- Joy Krauthammer


Serve G*d With Joy
Stained Glass Window, Carlebach Shul
© Joy Krauthammer 


Timbrel of Miriam
© Joy Krauthammer 


Balancing the Foundation through Chakras
photos and collage by © Joy Krauthammer 

Love playing timbrel and tof in the spirit of Miriam HaNeviah
Bonding in Yesod with Community in Tiferet/Truth and Harmony
Love playing Rosh Chodeshes, Women's Seders, Farbrengans, weddings, etc.

~ ~ ~



Yesod sh b'Tiferet 
Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer - day 20

Another example of my Serving G*d in Joy within qualities of Creating in Beauty. 

American Jewish University 'Rare Books' librarian contacted me today to help illustrate the new Pirkei Avot books exhibition.

Today I sent a photo of a truly magnificent golden sunrise to portray a quote. I feel this is mamash truth of the energies of today-- sharing one of my creations, a photo of G*d's Glory, to assist in balancing beauty of a book display.  - Joy Krauthammer



Golden Sunrise
Garden of Joy
© Joy Krauthammer   2011

~ ~ ~





No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers