About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

BONDED IN HARMONY - day 20 YESOD sh b’TIFERET


PSALMS OF MY SOUL ~ CLICK photo for full Omer Psalm.

Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer - day 20, 3 Weeks and 6 Days
YESOD sh b’TIFERET  ספירת העומר

I guess DAD, z”l, and I are 'Bonded in Harmony' as musicians and artists.
Brooklyn boy Yusel on lower left served on Army Drum and Bugle Corps and at Walter Reed Army Hospital, DC, recreating limbs, creating prosthetic arms, legs for WW 2 servicemen. He taught them crafts to make toys for family members. (I too taught crafts to adults and also taught in a hospital and also served as hospital social worker for people with amputees.) And you know that I'm a professional drummer!  (I have tears realizing these connections and many more traits.)

Dad's bugle hung on my childhood living room wall and I had no idea what it was from, and next to his Polish father’s violin, which I played. Dad died 1999 (30 years after Mom) and just had his yahrzeit after Pesach. Found his little Army siddur. Grateful he knew and loved my daughter. Interesting that when Dad was my age, he also worked with Police and safety (as I do currently). I think he would have liked the art movies I’ve made on YouTube and I also have a boating license as he had.  :)



I think the refinement in Omer counting needed here (for the future) is that I had not asked my dad about his life.    (None of his peers are alive any longer.)  But then I think he did not like to converse much. I knew nothing about his growing up. Wish I had talked to Dad about his music, parents, siblings, ideals, army, meeting my mom, z"l. Why didn't I see his family photos?  

Last night on Skype, my long distance little granddaughter spent Skype time with me showing me her collection of friends and family photos. (I have also given to her a child's camera.)


How can I change my style of conversation to include that is important to the other that they are not bringing up? I believe that I hold back with inquisitive questions thinking it is not for me to ask 'private' questions that make me feel as if 'prying'. (Yet, people easily always ask me private questions.) Lately if there is private time, I do question more and open up worlds about the other I had no idea about. There's a lot of suffering on the other side, usually concealed. Then my compassion in Tiferet comes into play and bonding in yesod is more prevalent as I've also experience. For many years people tell me that I "listen" and that is appreciated.


How can I open up to my granchildren so that they know about me?  Writing all these blogs/websites of mine had its goal for just that reason-- that my little ones would know about me when I am 'gone'. It is why I have created extensive family tree sites and added to greater sites-- for the next generation to at least have facts and photos and some stories before they are forever lost. I do try. There is great resistence in having cooperation in creating the extensive family trees. Little bonding, little compassion from extended family, sometimes taking decades, but sometimes caring creative cousins do come through to help with my compulsion and persistence in Netzach, my strong midah/personality trait.

Thanks to sister Faye for scanning today for day 20, 1942 WW 2 photo. I thankfully rescued photo in 1999.
- Joy Krauthammer

Joe in Official Army portrait WWII
Dad on lower left.


Aviva and her maternal Grandpa Joe Bond  1978?
© Joy Krauthammer 


3 Generations Bond
Joy with younger sister, father and maternal grandmother


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers