About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

CREATION and the RED STICKERS - day 20 YESOD sh b’TIFERET

PSALMS OF MY SOUL
ספירת העומר

Kabbalistic Sephirat HaOmer day 20

Yesod sh b’Tiferet
Yesod/Creation emanates from the Tiferet/heart space of balance, harmony, truth, beauty and compassion.

'Approved' stickers, words art, photos, and collage by © Joy Krauthammer

CREATION and the RED STICKERS
- Joy Krauthammer

ART IN THE STREETS is MOCA'S exhibit of history of graffiti and street art with 50 artists that ends Aug 8, 2011. 
MOCA-Latte's privately endowed RED STICKER CAMPAIGN invites LA community to engage in APPROVING or DISAPPROVING Street Art by playing MOCA museum director in 'Deitch for a Day'. I call it “Curator for a Day”. With this exhibit, YOU/WE/I have the opportunity to censor or APPROVE street art by adding a red sticker, ‘APPROVED’ or ‘DISAPPROVED’.

It is exciting that this LA project invites us to be involved, to interact, and to participate in the act of art, as curator, connoisseur, or celebrant. This exhibit and happening raise important questions for community about the role that professionals and public play in art.

Because I think this is a challenging concept, I requested a free batch of red stickers from stickers@moca-latte.org.  I have several submissions of RED STICKERS on the moca-Latte site. Can you tell which are mine? (Hint: I love purple.)  I stickered graffiti that I both created, and or found. I photographed the creations with RED STICKERS, and I sent my images to photos@moca-latte.org.  Following that, it has been fun to find my stickered creations in GALLERY on the site, www.MOCA-latte.org
View: www.moca-latte.org/blog  http://moca-latte.org/archives/514#comments

I experienced Creation (and fulfillment) in conceiving an idea, acting on it, feeling it, recording it, submitting it, 'commenting' on it in Moca-Latte, and in Tiferet / harmony and truth-- photo collaging my creation, and sharing it with friends, and publishing the manifestation in my own web site. Elements of creation that I felt in my heart space include balance, harmony, truth, beauty and compassion.

Compassion-- because a couple nights ago my computer teacher announced she has "received tenure as a teacher". I took the opportunity show appreciation to her, and to write Congratulations on the class ‘white board’.  To “Congratulations” I added MAZAL TOV in Hebrew and in transliteration. I then invited the culturally ethnic students from many countries in the class in join me in adding their sentiments in their foreign language to the board for the teacher. We created graffiti on the school wall. I then RED STICKERed the graffiti and photographed it with full intention to submit the creation to MOCA-latte.  It was ironic that just as we finished our “graffiti” creation as a tribute to teacher Rosemarie, the adult school principal entered the classroom to inform us of the vandalism that occurred the prior night. All the graffiti had been deleted by the next evening.

Enjoy my photo collage of the Graffiti Red Stickers that I submitted. Another illustrated story on street Graffiti and creation is found in my site:
http://joys-prose.blogspot.com/2004/05/universal-peace-love-joy.html
Join the ARTS discussion, and please leave a COMMENT.

When I created a community art gallery at the North Valley Jewish Community Center, and served as their curator in the 1980's, I did not appreciate when I had to decide whether or not to censor art. My current reality, I realize, is that every day I censor my own art as I've created my 50+ blog sites.
- Joy Krauthammer

How can I best create in a state of harmony, truth, compassion, beauty, and joy?

PS
My MBA thesis:
"STRATEGIC PLAN To Preserve and Energize the Arts in Los Angeles into the 21st Century."
http://sephirathaomer.blogspot.com/2011/06/strategic-plan-day-23-gevurah-sh.html 
~ ~ ~
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent job!!!!! BRAVA

Rosemarie

Blog Archive

Followers